Our mission goes on and will not be silenced, love and hope,
The Mission LED Team
On November 30th thru December 11th, 2015, the Paris Climate Change Conference will gather global participants. In past years, the Climate Reality Project, 24 Hours of Climate Reality and Live Earth: The World is Watching has led up to the Paris Conference, but this year, was suspended after the Paris attacks on November 12th. Still, each of us can acknowledge and take action on climate change and doing our part to reduce carbon emissions.
Since the last Live Earth event, the impetus for immediate action on climate change has firmly taken root in the global conscience. While the 07/07/2007 Live Earth event at Wembley stadium aimed to bring awareness, this year’s event was meant to initiate action. The tagline is The World is Watching, and never has this been more important. Disappearing glaciers, the warmest temperatures on record, and violent weather patterns wreaking havoc across the world have thrust climate change and carbon emissions reduction into the spotlight with high expectations for actionable targets and accountability at the COP21. In the days leading up to COP21, we encourage you to send a strong message to political leaders that the time to take real action on climate change is now.
How can you be part of the action?
- Check out past 24 Hours of Reality events online if it is new to you.
- Sign the online petition for climate action and share the message to your network via social media. The goal is to demonstrate to the leaders meeting in Paris that the world stands united in its message that climate action needs to happen and it needs to happen now. At last count, the social reach of the current supporters who will have shared this message is 11,055,646.
- In the future, host a 24 Hours of Reality and Live Earth watch party. Your watch party can be as big or as small as you’d like and in any location that works for you. If you sign up with The Climate Reality Project they will send you essential watch party tips, tools and recruitment ideas to make your event a success.
- Donate to The Climate Reality Project and help spread the truth about climate change and the importance of implementing solutions together.
- Show your support for Climate Reality on Facebook or follow @ClimateReality on Twitter.
Since 2007, the momentum has been slowly but steadily building as the reality of climate change rings true, loud and clear. We have but a few weeks left before COP21 to ramp up that momentum such that our call to action —the demand for real, meaningful change —becomes a deafening roar, united across the globe. The stage is set, the groundwork is in place, and the time to act is right now. The message is: The World is Watching. Are you?
About The Author
Serial Entrepreneur, Technologist and Inventor.
My objective is to develop useful products that have a net positive effect in the lives of those that use them and the environment that we live in.
CEO of Mission LED Lighting Company Ltd.
- 2017.05.24LED factsWhy Are Cars Switching to LEDs if They’re Too Bright?
- 2017.05.09Be green & saveHow to Easily Replace T8 Fluorescent Tubes With LED
- 2017.03.07Build a better future7 Things About Explosion Proof LED Lighting You Should Know
- 2017.02.28Be green & saveWhy We Love LED Grow Lights (And You Should, Too!)